Friday, September 20, 2013

It's in the air

     Since I live in Florida, I don't get seasonal cues, such as the smell of wood smoke in the evening air signaling the approach of fall.  The days, however, are definitely getting shorter and it's cooled off enough to drink my coffee on the deck in the morning.
     I'm getting that Halloween feeling!
     Two and a half years ago a friend showed me an internet photo of a man wearing a knit beard.  Very cool!  I started knitting beards for friends to use for fun or for Halloween and I'm saying it right now:  I knit one of the best beards around!  I listed them in my Etsy shop and I've started to get orders for Halloween.  I'm going to knit, regardless, so I might as well knit something I can sell for a few bucks.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SolOpsArt?ref=l2-shopheader-name
     
     Drinkin' and knittin';  it just feels right.
     I recently had to drive around to the Big3: Joann's, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby.  I was searching for the perfect 2-toned grey yarn to knit a special order Duck Dynasty-inspired beard and I ended up buying a few skeins of "fun fur" yarn.  I suspected it would be perfect for a crazy bushy beard and I was right.
     The beards are a welcome distraction after knitting several scarves to stock up for the holidays.  The last scarf I completed used a small skein of specialty yarn I found at a thrift store.  
     I buzzed through it using my favorite open weave stitch and even made a little tassel for each end.  Sweet!
     The idea of fall is drifting around outside but the temperatures don't yet reflect it which has prevented me from standing outside with a jigsaw to complete  the little oak boxes I was planning to list on Etsy.  So many half-finished projects...



No comments:

Post a Comment