Sunday, June 30, 2013

I felt BAD!

Wednesday, May 8, 2013
     I used up the rest of my felting yarn knitting what would finally be the perfect felted tote but after the first hot water wash to shrink and felt the yarn it was obvious that the bright pink band of color was knitted with a yarn that wasn't 100% wool.
     Tote bad DENIED!
     I trashed it (heartbreak) and veered back into the realm of apparel.
     
     I searched in vain for a free mesh tunic pattern to wear over tank tops.  Everything I saw either hadn't made it out of 70's Sweden or was too complex for my reptilian knitting brain.
      But the perfect pattern kept popping up on Ravelry again and again...for $5.  I had never paid for a pattern but figured it was time to try.  A couple clicks on Paypal later and I'm knitting away, using a beautiful bamboo/wool blend yarn I bought on sale in the color of Geranium.
     So far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment