Thursday, February 13, 2014

A million baby steps

     Why does it always seem that every project begins with a million baby steps just to get to the point where I can START the project?
     I am forced to the same conclusion I arrived at after using my latest purchase of under eye firming cream:  expecting overnight results is unrealistic.
     Said project is adding stairs to the left side of my deck in order to quickly access my planter boxes but that can't happen until someone hauls away the hot tub that I acquired during a lapse in sanity and plunked down on the left side of my deck.  It was free but needed the heater repaired and I figured I could get my super-handy friends to work on it for me but my super-handy friends have their own lives so now I just want the thing gone BUT there is a stack of chain link fence rolls blocking the hot tub's exit and Mike will have to move those and...you get the idea.

     There are plenty of other projects to fill the void.  Just the other morning I said to myself, "If I step in dog crap one more time!!!" and thus began the long-planned walkway connecting deck and patio to shed.  I'm building it out of reclaimed deck boards and I'm building it fast.  

     That same morning I also said to myself, "If I have to look at these cookies one more time, I'm going to eat the cover page of my latest issue of Living!!!"  Where can I buy a couple of these treats?  I'm certainly not going to make them;  hours and hours of labor to create misshapen macaroons that I'll just eat in one sickening sitting anyway.  Not gonna do it!

     This coconut milk I just bought at WalMart also has the potential to lead me down the path of overindulgence.  I tried it because it was inexpensive and a product of Thailand.  The milk is more like cream and I started eating it out of the can with a spoon before remembering I had a SE Asian curry to finish.  Yum!

     If I keep eating like this, I won't be able to fit into my new pair of Pajama Jeans.  Oh wait!  Pajama Jeans have plenty of give even if they don't offer as much forgiveness; I don't think everyone can pull off the pictured Pajama Jean look but I almost parted with $20 just to head out to the clubs in PJ's and stilettos.  Thaz right!

     True beauty can be found right outside my door.  I finally thought of using the angel trumpets as a bouquet.  Stunning!  They made me think of the Diego Rivera paintings of calla lilies.  The only problem is they are delicate and when the house was cool, lasted all day, but when the house warmed up, quickly wilted and plopped over.

     While every state north of Florida is getting hammered with winter storms, I truly appreciate being in  flip flop Florida but when I came across this young couple in the latest National Geographic magazine, I considered, for a second, heading into the cold weather.  I LOVE everything about their outfits (except for the ice skates.  I don't ice skate) and talk about forgiving clothing! Multitudes of sins and all that.

     And finally, a shout out to the hens.  Every once in awhile, one of the ladies lays a robin's egg.
     The shell on these little surprises is always fully formed but there is no yolk inside.  Hmmm...








No comments:

Post a Comment