Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Say goodbye to your pride!

     As I've mentioned, I'm working with a very small budget currently, and pretty much for my whole life if the truth be told.  About a year ago I started collecting Coke Rewards points, found on the inside of bottle caps and carton tabs.

     The benefits are modest but after claiming a couple of free tickets to the movies with soda and popcorn I reduced my pride even further and started picking up caps from the street.
     More movie tickets and magazine subscriptions have made me fairly bold but occasionally I still hesitate as I did this weekend, when I spied a cap while exiting a busy Hess station.  It was directly at the feet of a rough looking young man who was draped over a parking pillar, sucking on a cigarette as if it were an inhaler.  I paused and as usual decided, "What the heck."
     He watched me closely as I leaned down to retrieve the cap then nodded and said, "Uhn-huh, take all you kin git, girl."
     I nodded at him.  Thaz right!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment