Saturday, June 14, 2014

This and that...

The quest continues
to follow up my fabulous $5 WalMart wine 
with an equally fabulous and frugal vintage.
Fail!!!
     This is the first time I've seen a red zin in a 1.75l bottle and maybe that should have been a warning and maybe the price tag of $9.96 should have been a klaxon but, not only did I buy it...
I bought 2
       The happy ending to this story is, WalMart gave me my money back for 1 bottle and I am drinking the other bottle as fit punishment for being such a cheapskate.  Lesson learned.

Drifting aimlessly through the store, I found yet another example of 
American abuse of Greek yogurt
     Even the engaging "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" font cannot convince me that this is a good idea.  And I KNOW Honey Bunches of Oats, having knocked back kilos of them over the years.  Not gonna do it.

     Every time I see the ad for this top-of-the-line dishwasher, I can't help but think...
If I could afford the time to line my dishes up like this in the dishwasher, 
I could afford to hire someone to do it for me.

An appliance I can handle
Have waffle iron, will travel.
     I've gotten my use out of this cheap waffle iron and the good times continue, even on the road for summer vacation (the pot underneath is providing a makeshift boost to the only available outlet).
  We are all open to the Waffle House concept of 24-hour treats but no boys allowed in the work zone!  After Mike made waffles in my absence, I spent about 30 minutes cleaning up the iron, the counter, and the utensils.  It's an art.

And the question remains...
Why?
This fake hanging plant was the nastiest thing in this nasty public restroom.
I really hated to squat under it.

So let's end with a mental palate cleanser
This orchid is several years old and has never thrived yet every year, like clockwork, it coughs out one stem of glorious blooms.
Good enough.






No comments:

Post a Comment