Friday, July 4, 2014

Florida's Malibu Resort (a review)

I like an "old Florida" motel.
The Malibu Resort in Redington Beach, Florida fits my bill.

It's a little out dated and run down and mismatched which adds up to a more affordable stay on a Gulf Coast beach...or rather, across the street from a Gulf Coast Beach.  Works for me!

The Malibu is dog friendly.
I just unpacked the dachshunds and they were good-to-go.
There is a "$ per dog per day" policy which I think only qualifies a place to be dog "tolerant" but the accommodating manager waived the pet fee since we were staying for a full week.

The rooms are small
but there's still plenty of space to throw a tantrum and pout
as demonstrated by Zach in this photo:

Small rooms and outdated TV's
meant the boys spent time
playing basketball on the little court behind the motel

or playing on the beach

or burning off LOTS of excess energy in the very clean motel pool

     The outdated TV's presented a problem when the boys wanted to play their XBox games (yes, they brought their XBox) but Jim, the manager, quickly hunted down a television with the proper cable inputs.  He mentioned that a TV update is on the horizon, in case you were wondering.

The usual cast of Florida characters
And these photos don't even include the guests!

There is a decent little Cuban cafe attached to the property and they will gladly deliver your order to your room or poolside chaise lounge.  I tore up their steak palomilla. Yum!

And every time I left the room...
...I felt like I was in the opening credits of Dexter.

Without the body count and all that horrible stuff.

Just the cool, "old Florida" locale.











No comments:

Post a Comment