Saturday, June 13, 2015

I'm more than just a collection of vegetables.

I know I've posted a lot of vegetable pictures
but the garden was ON,
and while it's not quite OFF yet, it's slowing down so I've put all the sentimental photographs of comestibles at the end of the blog.  Easier to skip that way.
Hmmm...what else is there to...

Camping
I've been doin' it and enjoyin' it.
Camper's tip: hard alcohol=soft ground,
but it doesn't keep me warm like it does for characters
 in old-timey novels.

I recently acquired a new kayak trolley 
and was surprised to read this message on the little rubber tires:
I can't even wrap my head around that one.
Assuming I don't have the hands of a giant, you can get a sense of the size of this tire, and I can't imagine how it could ever wind up being used on a highway.

I don't have the hands of a giant
but the urge to screw with the sense of scale
has finally overcome my reluctance to dig through boxes and find a foreign coin.
From now on, I'm going to use this New Zealand 10¢ coin to give a sense of scale.
Who knows how big that trilobite is?! (except for my Kiwi readers)

Surprise!
The NZ coin is about the same size as a quarter.
Wasn't that fun?

Other things "Not for highway use"
Floorboards made of boulders.
I was on a rock collecting trip and for the last leg of our journey, it couldn't be avoided, 
but the voice of my former-claims-adjuster father was whispering in my ear, 
"All it took was a suitcase to kill Tom Mix, you crazy bitch."
I felt great relief when we finally shipped all of our rocks from Kemmerer, Wyoming to our respective homes.  

That is, until my boxes were delivered.
The postman actually said,
"They're a little banged up."
I've filed all my claims (6 boxes were "a little banged up") and I'm only requesting the return of my postage (stop laughing!!!) so we'll see what happens.

When I recently had my deck rebuilt
I had to clean everything off of it
and now I'm reluctant to put any of the gewgaws back,
but I need my grill!
Especially with all the vegetables coming out of my garden.
Yet another use for a piece of my hoarded granite:
BBQ platform.
Not sure if it's necessary but I like the clean, tidy feel.

And now, if you're sick of vegetable photos...
look away.

Ohhhh!

Ahhhh!

Pretty!

Beans.






No comments:

Post a Comment